Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Chromebook: The samsung company Chromebook Plus/Pro vs ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA

2017 has found two big consumer-facing Chromebook releases to date: the Korean Chromebook Plus/Pro, and the ASUS Chromebook Change C302CA. Both are a part of the “third phase” of Chromebook design My spouse and i explained within my Chromebook In addition review, so that both are clearly designed with Google android apps at heart.

I’ve used both of these machines for the past two or perhaps three weeks, and in that time, I’ve arrive to form ideas about equally, and see the strengths and weaknesses of each. Therefore , let’s take a closer look at how the Good samsung Chromebook Plus/Pro and ASUS C302CA compare…

Looking at a Chromebook in 2017 is a different process than accomplishing this just a 12 months ago. Today, Chromebooks can double as your Android tablet, and honestly, that is especially true with these equipment. Currently, the Samsung Chromebook Plus is definitely the only one to pack the Play Retail outlet out of the field, but it is coming to the ASUS rapidly when compared with13623 matter of weeks, and this currently features access via the beta route.

On possibly machine, Android apps work great. hugecompare There is a clear optimization difference for the ARM-based chip-set, for obvious reasons, however the overall encounter is sturdy.

However , the main thing to worry about with by using a convertible notebook as a tablet is the real size. Samsung and ASUS both employ similarly size displays upon these machines, with a 12. 3-inch -panel on the Samsung, and a 12. 5-inch on the ASUS. The display quality on both machines is usually solid, but with a higher resolution and lighter panel in the Samsung, it is very the apparent winner.

samsungchromebook_asuschromebook_6 samsungchromebook_asuschromebook_7
Both provide the same basic volume of screen real estate, yet Samsung’s works more effectively as a tablet due to the a few: 2 aspect ratio. This makes it a little easier to reach throughout the screen, especially if you’re using it in portrait mode. To be a Chromebook, nevertheless, the ASUS C302CA is the better choice since the added width creates a far more comfortable keyboard.

Quality

While $500~ isn’t all that much to spend over a laptop, it’s in the larger tiers for a Chromebook. Mainly because these are expected to get premium devices, both are built from premium resources, or at least, they are like they are.

The Chromebook Plus and Pro are made from a magnesium blend which seems as if metal, nevertheless is lighter. That’s wonderful, but it also takes away from the high grade feeling this kind of machine really should have. The ASUS, on the other hand, gives a slightly better build. The sharper perimeters are a nice touch, and the overall build feels a bit more premium in contrast.

Keyboard

These two machines are also designed with transportability in mind. For under 13-inches, they both equally hit the things i consider the sweet location between screen size and overall size. However , as with most smaller notebooks, that comes with some compromises to crucial elements of the machine, namely, the keyboard.

Within the ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA, the keyboard seems natural, with a amount of travel and good intervals between the take a moment. It does not have very good tactile remarks, but which can be viewed as a perk so that you can use the equipment in a noiseless environment.

The Samsung Chromebook Plus/Pro, however, features a computer keyboard which feels, off, in some manner. It’s a small hard to explain, but essentially what’s taking place here is that every key is slightly thinner than it is of all laptops. It’s not a deal breaker, but it uses a while to get used to.

A further key difference between the two keyboards can be backlighting. Korean, for whatever reason, is not packed with backlighting around the Chromebook Plus/Pro at all. The ASUS C302CA, on the other hand, gives up backlight rivaled just by some of the best laptops that you can buy.

Performance and Specs

Functionality is the a specific area where these two Chromebooks turn into three. The Samsung Chromebook Plus works on top of the OP-1 ARM-based chipset, while the Samsung Chromebook Pro and ASUS C302CA run on leading